Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Engagements All Around....Just Not Mine.

So it happened, another text from another friend that reads: "Guess what? I'm engaged!"

After that, a picture sent to me of the "bling".

Then comes all of the congratulations messages on her Facebook wall. of course I see those because we have all of the same friends.

It stings. It makes me want to cry. Why isn't it me? She's just been with her fiance for barely a year. We're working on 3-1/2. We have a mortgage. We are doing everything married people do, but we aren't married.

I am happy for my friends that have gotten engaged recently. But it really really hurts me that it's not me. I know that he wants to marry me. He tells me all the time. So what is he waiting for?

Things like this make the paranoid side come out of me. Is something wrong with me? Is there something he is unsure of? Truthfully, I know that's not the case. But when I get upset, it's easy to let my mind wander.

I of course cannot tell my friends about this, because I don't want to take away from their happiness. Which leaves me NO ONE to talk to about it because I don't want to tell him and make him feel pressured. He already knows I'd marry him tomorrow if he asked me to.

I just want to know, when will it be me?

Head over to Shell's blog and link up.

11 comments:

  1. Soon I bet! It will be worth the wait, it sounds like he really loves you! I would just enjoy not having all that hassle of planning a wedding....bet your friend rings you crying in a few weeks all stressed out. You and just smile! xx

    Thanks for the comment by the way xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a friend who waited for her boyfriend to pop the question for five years. She said one night while watching The Simpson's she half jokingly asked him to marry her. 8 months later they were married. Every couple is different.
    I hope it happens for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be you soon, I'm sure of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you considered proposing to him???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Aunt Crazy. You shouldn't have to wait if he knows you want to get married, he tells you he wants to get married, and yet does nothing about it. If this is what you want, tell him and ask him. Do not let him make you wait.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can relate. I went through the same thing, just waiting and waiting for it happen. He says he wants to, and in your heart you know it too. You could do what the others suggest and ask him. It will happen for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visting from Shell's blog. Hang in there. I know what it is like to want something and see everyone else around you (including Celebs and people you don't personally know) get it. Talk to him, you've been together long enough that I am sure you can discuss it without putting pressure on him. Good communication is key for a succesful marriage, so consider it practice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will give you the same advice people have been giving me about babies. It more then likely won't make you feel any better but it will let you know I was here lol...Your time is coming, I can feel it. It will happen, it's supposed to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my girl! Let it out!! So glad you get a chance to vent. That's what a blog is for sometimes. :)
    Stopping by from PYHO
    ~Annie @ astonesthrowfrominsanity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. bah, that blows. You can't help how you feel, even though in your "head" you know you shouldn't feel bad. Does that even make sense?
    Ahhh....I know I feel that way, only about pregnancy announcements. Like WTF? Why isn't it me? But you keep it to yourself because you don't want to ruin it for them

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry! It's not fun to wait on something you want so badly!

    ReplyDelete