Monday, June 27, 2011

It's Time.

Now that summer is here my kids have been really unhappy that I have to go to work Monday through Friday. My 4 year old hugged me extra tight this morning and said, "Mama can't you just stay home today?" and I wanted to cry. I've been doing this working mom thing for too long. It kills me that someone else is spending the day with my kids and doing all of the fun things I want to be doing with them.

I planned on quitting my day job at the end of the summer already. But I have had my doubts. Am I making the right decision? Financially will I be hurting because of it? I planned on running my business from home which obviously does generate some income but I would be missing over half of my current income by quitting my day job. Then on Friday, I got a call. A call about a possible job opportunity. It's so close to being a done deal. And it would be something I can do at home, and make the same amount of $$ I make at my day job. No commuting. No daycare. No insane gas expenses. And home...with my kids. Able to go to everything I want to at their school. Able to take them to the pool on a Wednesday just because.

Keep your fingers crossed for me. I am praying this all falls into place. I need it to, and so do my kids.  It's becoming very apparent that they miss me a lot more than I ever thought -  when I'm at work. It's time.

8 comments:

  1. Sending prayers that it works out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every working mother's dream job! Good luck and I hope it all works out perfectly for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be praying for you!!! That would be so awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be fantastic! Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if you have already found out about this or not, but I am hoping and sending prayers your way that this works out for you!

    ReplyDelete